Aug 1, 2012

Blender Viking Progress 3

Yup! I've been working more on the 'Viking' model these last weeks but I still have lots of work to do. This is a quick render I've done:



And these are some of the things I have in mind to do next:
  • Solve the lighting of the scene (the shadows are too sharp and long and there's a weird illuminated part on his beard; I also have to add some shadows below his feet because it doesn't seems he's in top of the rock).
  • Work with the textures (brists, boots, skin, cape...)
  • Detail the beard and the moustache
  • Eyes
  • Pose the scales of the armor
I would also like to show more his face, his lips in top of the beard, exaggerate his pose... but as I said, it's a lot of work and I easily get tired because I want to start new projects.

This is a render I took of the posed armor a couple of days ago. If you look closely you'll see there are some distortions on the arms that I still have to solve:


Here's another render I took for the helmet, yet without the texturing of the metal "spheres" surrounding the border:


Next is a render of the landscape without the rocks and the tree's I later added. For doing this I followed a great series of tutorials for Blender from 'The Nature Academy', taught by Andrew Price. He's really good and I'd totally recommend to anyone to join his course and watch the videos!